Nintendo 3DS
3DS Games > Shin Megami Tensei: Persona

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona Talk

By on 11 November 2009

We can send 3DS updates to your email - Just add your email address to the box below or you can use the RSS feed. You can also get updates if you "Like" our Facebook page.

Comments

1. Isaac Barkway says:

does anyone know what this?

p.s. first post

2. Strwind says:

Its a great jrpg. So far i have only played persona 3 portable but it was probably the best (and longest – 80 hours) rpg i ever played. Very in depth and very entertaining. hopefully this will be along those lines

3. Ajmon says:

So much do want. I want to know if this is a remake or a new game, but it’s sure to be a great game either way

4. -Ed- says:

I do hope that it is a new story, but I would die smiling if it was a remake of Persona 4. Well, for those who don’t know, the game Persona talks about, mainly, psychology, even because the Persona (it is like a creature that some humans summon) is a reflection of your Human Psyche. The Personas are divided in Arcanas, starting with “Fool” until “World” (like the tarot order). I’ve played Persona 3 and 4 and the objective of the game always changes, so I can’t say for sure what is going to be the aim of the 3DS version. For example, Persona 3’s main problem lies within a hidden hour between 23:59 and 00:00, and only those who can summon the Persona can see and feel this hour. In there, there are mind-eating creatures called Shadows, and if someone is attacked by a Shadow, the person gets an illness called “Apathy Syndrome”, however, there are only Shadows in the city where the character lives because of something that is a spoiler, so no telling xD.
    Persona 4 talks about a countryside japanese city called Inaba. This city has one peculiar problem: after several days of rain, a fog comes at night, and when the day arises, someone is found dead and hung upside-down somewhere, like electric wires, antennas and stuff. Well, if you got interested, go look for yourself. Undoubtedly, Persona is one of the MOST EXCITING games ever.

5. ajmon says:

@-Ed-
    I’d kinda rather it be a remake of 1 or 2 with the social links and mechanics of 3 and 4, or a new game all together, I’m almost finished with persona 4 and honestly, knowing the story going into the game would diminish the experience a lot. But, even if it is, it’ll still be one of the best game ever, just portable.

6. Jason says:

I don’t care what it is, I’m sold on the word “Persona.” I’d love if it was Persona 5 (but that’s unlikely). I’ll buy it even if it’s 3 or 4 which I’ve already played.

7. krazylilmeow says:

I hope it’s not the first one, that one’s so dull!

8. Roxyana says:

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF I love you too, Atlus. I don’t care if it’s a new title or a remake of an existing game, I’m so happy that it’ll be on the 3DS~

9. Sean says:

I love the Shin megami series, but this probably won’t come to europe….:/

I can’t import either since 3ds games are region locked. :/

Disappointment ._.

10. Sean says:

Which Persona is it going to be? For completely selfish reasons I hope it’s a port/remake of the first Persona because I’ve never played a Persona game before. I have played Devil Survivor though and loved it.

11. ajmon says:

Ok, this is just me over-thinking what game this might be, this is likely completely wrong. Personas 1 and 3 already got handheld remakes, so they’re likely out. Persona 4 is still fairly new, only about 2 years old, but 3 got a remake fairly quickly, after only about 3 years, so I’d put the odds of it being 4 at fairly low, but still very possible. Persona 2, however, has much better odds. Specifically eternal punishment, to compliment the Innocent Sin remake coming on the PSP. I’d say that, if this is a remake, it is probably a remake of Persona 2: Eternal Punishment.

Remember, I make no claims that these are true, I’m just using my logic.

12. -Ed- says:

@Sean
    Man, let me tell you one thing, Persona has nothing to do with Devil Survivor, actually, I think that it’s way better xDDD (No, I’m not saying Devil Survivor sucks, it’s actually amazing, but Persona just OWNS! XD)

Although they are both “Shin Megami Tensei”, they have different points of view. Just to begin with, the “demons” aren’t demons there, they are Personas (of course xD), and you don’t fight other Personas, but Shadows. But you’ll see SOME known creatures, like the most amazing of them, JACK FROST!!!! XD

I’m not saying you think that it’s like Devil Survivor, I’m just showing the difference xDDD /megafandetected!

13. KidIcarusPit says:

Whoa this TBA really intrigues me since Persona usually Sony exclusive, Atlus did good with Disgaea afternoon of darkness Ds how will this turn out

14. Ashman44 says:

hopefully they remake persona 4 onto the 3ds, the anime of it is awesome and i dont have a ps2 so i cant play it sadly 🙁

15. diaglyph says:

I was hoping that P4 would get released on the 3DS – the TV metaphor I thought would’ve worked really well in 3D.
    Anyways, I hope the next Persona gets a 3DS release.

• Super Yellow Yoshi says:

Well, A Guy At GameStop Told Me A Version Of Persona 4 Is Comeing To The XBox 360. If You Have That, Then You Can Still Play On Another Gameing System, With A Bigger Screen!!! (TV)