1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Just as a friendly reminder, in order to post a new thread or update your status, you have to post at least 5 messages on the forum. This is to help us reduce the amount of spam bots posting on the forum. Enjoy your time :)

Grand Theft Auto 3DS

Discussion in '3DS/2DS/DS' started by GreythaGreat, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GreythaGreat
    Goomba

Message Count:
    GTA 3DS has been in no way hinted or announced; however, this can certainly be possible. If you look at past history with Nintendo's handhelds (DS included), a GTA game has appeared on almost all of them.

It's true that GTA: Chinatown Wars did not sell as well as expected, in fact, it didn't sell well at all. A lot of people blame the "casual" audience of the DS. However, the game sold much worse when it was released on the PSP. In my theory, GTA: Chinatown Wars did not sell as well because it wasn't the game that the consumers wanted.

The 3DS surpasses PSP graphics, so it can certainly handle a GTA title. What kind of a GTA 3DS game would you like to see? A title that mimics the console version, or one that is like Chinatown Wars? Do you even think a GTA title even will make it on the 3DS? What would you like to be in this game? Perhaps a port?
  2. jaydogg

Message Count:
    Maybe we'll get a GTA 3D.
  3. Se[BBB]e

Message Count:
    I want a GTA III port 8D Would be all over that. But yeah, any 3D GTA title would be awesome. I've never liked the 2D ones much.
  4. DeadEye

Message Count:
    A GTA would be awesome, as long as they remember to make, you know, a decent GTA game and not a steaming pile of horse *hi* like GTA IV.
  5. jgn17
    Goomba

Message Count:
    I willl love that.I'm a big fan of gta and that is like a dream come true.come on rockstar,do it!!
  6. Fluttershy Pegasus

Message Count:
    Friend Code:
    4983-4915-9448
    I would only buy a GTA game for the 3DS if it has a 3D view. I didn't like the 2.5D view that Chinatown Wars had.
  7. cartman91

Message Count:
    I was told in game that GTA 3d was coming out..
  8. Supper
    Goomba

Message Count:
    I have to disagree with you in that aspect; GTA IV and Liberty City Stories are two of my most favorite games ever played. If there was a GTA 3D, I would love for it to have the same interface as GTA Vice City Stories, GTA IV, and GTA San Andreas.
  9. GreythaGreat
    Goomba

Message Count:
    Sadly, I agree with you, for the most part. I think that GTA IV is incredibly overrated. Yes, the graphics are good; however, I don't think I've ever played that game without getting a frame rate drop. It's every time. That's just not ok in my opinion.

I'd like a GTA Stories Collection. Basically, all the GTA Stories that were on the PSP ported over to the 3DS, but in 3D and with better controls.
  10. Happy monk

Message Count:
    I've never played any GTA games before, if they announce one for the 3DS it could be my first one!
  11. SkyOtic

Message Count:
    We'll get Saints Row, which is comparable. And actually, I found that Saints Row 2 was more fun to play then GTAIV, just because the over the top stuff you could do, like in previous GTA's. I mean, in SR2 you could do driveby's in a flying saucer. while wearing a clown suit. at 150 km/h.
  12. Shnuk
    Goomba

Message Count:
    Now that's a game!! I think I will consider this one. :p
  13. GreythaGreat
    Goomba

Message Count:
    I've never played a Saint's Row game, but I will definitely consider it on the 3DS! How is it similar/different to GTA?
  14. Supper
    Goomba

Message Count:
    Compared to GTA IV, if Saints Row 2 is quantity, than GTA IV is quality. If you like having lots of features and doing whatever you want, go for Saints Row 2, if you are happy with quite a few features that have more quality but do not have as many as Saints Row 2, then go for GTA IV. I would suggest you try both, though, as rentals.
  15. Shnuk
    Goomba

Message Count:
    What do you mean by quality? in GTA?
  16. Thorhian
    Dry Bones

Message Count:
    GTA..... Uggg. Thats all I have to say, goodbye from this thread unless someone replies....
  17. Shnuk
    Goomba

Message Count:
    huh?I didn't quite get that Thorian?
  18. Supper
    Goomba

Message Count:
    What I mean by that is that Rockstar puts more time and effort in perfecting less features than Saints Row in GTA while the creators of Saints Row spend more time trying to put as many features as possible in the game. Oh yeah, this is not supposed to be biased against Saints Row, but it might sound like that.
  19. Shnuk
    Goomba

Message Count:
    Oh, Well, I'll try both, I've never played Saint's Row so I can't compare them.
  20. Supper
    Goomba

Message Count:
    Also, Saints Row's "competitive edge", as advertised, is the fact that is has many more features and the possibility do to anything you please as opposed to GTA. (Although GTA is also very open-world)
  21. Daniel12345 A Human K.K. Slider

Message Count:
    Friend Code:
    2793-0585-8874
    The only games worthy of being created in a 3ds version are GTA San Andreas (the best game ever made) or the gta v (that is in very early development and hasn't been announced, but is definitely being made as the series is amazing) as san andreas was amazing and v should also be quit good as its new. just as long as rockstar doesn't make a topdown view game like chinatown wars because that was terrible, and the graphics on the 3ds are capable of doing a good job of a "3d" game (no pun intended)
  22. Sylar
    Thwomp

Message Count:
    Friend Code:
    2921-9070-8938
    So want GTA!
  23. Bowser Guest

I'm a fan of Grand Theft Auto and would certainly buy the game if its released on the 3DS.
  24. Dannyboy
    Goomba

Message Count:
    Even just grand theft auto vice city would be pretty good but hopefully it won't come out on the 3ds for a few years if a GTA does come to the 3ds cause then I can buy it and play it with no complaints from my mom and seeing as how rockstar never have a GTA in the first few years of the consoles life (look how long it took for the DS version) it looks like i will be able to then
    So heres fingers crossed for a GTA 3ds in a few years
  25. Bowser Guest

I think GTA V is the best. Would be good to see GTA in 3D though
  26. Kit

Message Count:
    Friend Code:
    4339-2500-0959
    I recently downloaded GTA III 10th Anniversery Edition for my Samsung Galaxy (and it's fab), but I'm scratching my head as to why we still haven't seen it (at least in the pipeline) for the 3DS? Come on Rockstar, getcha rocks on! We need a 3D 3DS version of GTA and we need it now.
  27. Yottabyte SEE YOU SPACE COWGIRL

Message Count:
    Friend Code:
    This thread has been dead for over a year. Since there hasn't been any news to suggest a GTA 3DS game, I figure this thread should be locked.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.